The term is used to restore the rain water for future use with effective management and conservation. The stored rainwater can be used for human, animals and planting needs through the water collection method matters a lot. Water is collected and pumped through separate pipe distribution. Developing countries like India is using such method to reduce the cost of operation, maintenance & distribution of treat the plants.PH follows the procedures which are worthy and can reduce the cost of treatment plants without compromising the quality.
Why rainwater harvesting is required
- To maintain the adequate level of ground water
- To enhance the surface water to meet the present and future demands.
- To reuse the rain water for sustainable development.
- To help the agribusiness to grow which will eventually minimize the cost of vegetation.
- To avoid flood hazards.
- To lower the risk of drought.
- To reduce soil erosion.
- To make the atmosphere environment-friendly.
Though rainwater harvesting can be used anywhere yet it has huge potentiality amidst areas where the ground water level is reducing, where ground water is inadequate, and where infiltration of rain water has decreased eventually.